The Lions Foundation
The Lions Foundation Luxembourg was set up by notarial act on 4 May 1990. The idea of the founders, the District and the Lions Clubs was to enable Lions Luxembourg to have a common legal structure to receive donations made in general to Lions Luxembourg and to encourage social works common to the family of Lions Club Luxembourg or exceeding a certain amount.
The Lions Foundation Luxembourg recognised as a public utility in 1991
Fields of activity
Without this list being exhaustive, the Fondation lions Luxembourg acts mainly in the following five areas
- support for scientific and medical research into so-called "rare" diseases and eye diseases;
- aid in the fight against cancer and all its consequences;
- aid in the fight against poverty through the collection and distribution of food to the most deprived;
- aid for the development of knowledge (research, culture, training) through study grants;
- Helping to safeguard and protect the environment.
The purpose of the Lions Foundation Luxembourg is to support the efforts of Lions Clubs and their partners to help communities locally and internationally, bring hope and improve lives through grants and humanitarian projects
Here are just a few examples....
Aid to Ukraine
Make a donation
Recommend the Lions Foundation as a beneficiary of donations on the occasion of :
- a birth, wedding or death,
- the opening or re-opening of a shop,
- a factory opening, a company anniversary, etc.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that cash donations made to the Lions Foundation Luxembourg are deductible for donors as special expenses within the limits set out in article 109 of the law on income tax and under the conditions set out in the grand-ducal regulation implementing article 112 of the same law.